Yokohama Royal Park Hotel Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) is aware that information that could identify an individual customer of the Company’s (“Personal Information”) is valuable information, has established regulations on information management , and handles Personal Information with the utmost care. Please review the Company’s basic policy on the handling of Personal Information set forth on this page.
Fundamental Matters Relating to the Handling of Personal Information
- Collection of Personal Information
The Company appropriately collects customer Personal Information only to the extent necessary to conduct the Company’s business using the methods set forth below.
1. Direct collection from customers: Collection via telephone, orally, in writing (including electronic records), from business cards, online (including information that is input when using websites of hotels managed and operated by the Company and information input when performing member registration), and so on.
2. Collection from third parties duly authorized by customers: Collection from third parties such as use applicants, referral agencies, travel trade professionals, and business partners.
3. Collection from publicly available sources: Collection from newspapers, online, telephone directories, books, and other such sources.
4. Collection from businesses engaged in the management and operation of the hotels that use the Royal Park Hotels trademarks under license from the Royal Park Hotels and Resorts Co., Ltd. (referred to collectively with hotels managed and operated by the Company as “Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels”): By means of proper shared use of Personal Information specified in the privacy policies of the relevant businesses.
- Intended Uses of Personal Information
The Company uses Personal Information in the following cases.
1. When the Company provides services through the operation of hotel facilities such as accommodation, dining, and banquet space.
2. When the Company provides information regarding its facilities, products, services, and so on.
3. When customers cooperate with customer surveys and the like presented by the Company intended to improve the Company’s services.
4. When the Company makes use of various information and services provided by the Company in relation to its membership programs.
5. When the Company responds to other matters ancillary or related to its operations or when use is within the scope of the intended use specified at the time that the Personal Information was acquired.
- Shared Use of Personal Information
In order to provide services with high levels of added value to customers, the Company shares Personal Information as set forth below under strict controls and with appropriate security measures in place.
1. Joint users of Personal Information: Businesses engaged in the management and operation of Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels.
2. Purposes of Shared Use:
(1)When providing services through the operation of hotel facilities such as accommodation, dining, and banquet space at Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels.
(2)When Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels provide information regarding facilities, products, services, and so on.
(3)When customers cooperate with customer surveys and the like presented by the Company intended to improve Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel services.
(4)When the Company makes use of various information and services provided by Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels in relation to its membership programs.
(5)When Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels respond to other matters ancillary or related to their operations or when use is within the scope of the intended use specified at the time that the Personal Information was acquired.
3. Personal Information subject to shared use: Customer name, membership registration number, telephone or fax number, nationality, passport number, address, email address (including social media IDs and the like associated with email addresses), age, gender, date of birth, anniversary date, employer information, requests, and use history.
4. Administrator of Personal Information subject to shared use: Royal Park Hotels and Resorts Co., Ltd.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except in the following cases, the Company shall not provide or disclose Personal Information to third parties.
1. When the customer consents.
2. When pursuant to laws and regulations.
3. When the life, person, or property or other specific rights or interests of an individual are in jeopardy and it is necessary to provide Personal Information in order to protect those rights or interests and it would be difficult to seek consent from the customer.
4. When Japanese public sector organizations and the like carrying out operations stipulated by laws and regulations require cooperation from private-sector companies and obtaining the consent of the customer regarding whom Personal Information is to be provided to the relevant public sector organizations by such cooperating private-sector companies (businesses engaged in the management and operation of Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels) is likely to impede the performance of those operations.
- Contact Information regarding Personal Information (Responsible Division)
Personal Information Enquiry Counter,
Yokohama Royal Park Hotel Co., Ltd.
Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 220-8173, JAPAN
Please send inquiries in writing by mail to the above address.
The Company will respond in writing several days later (a separate processing fee maybe required in some instances). Please note that depending on the nature of the inquiry, the customer may be requested to come to the Company’s offices to confirm the customer’s identity.
Personal Information Management Structures
The Company strives to properly manage and protect Personal Information as set forth below.
- Protection of Personal Information
The Company established an Information Management Committee to manage Personal Information and strives to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access.
- To ensure the security of Personal Information and prevent unauthorized access to systems and the loss, destruction, alteration, or leak of Personal Information, the Company takes security countermeasures from the perspectives of both operational management and systems.
- Databases in which Personal Information is recorded are stored on systems protected by mechanisms (firewalls) to prevent external access.
- Transmission and receipt of Personal Information performed with customers via the Internet on the Company’s website use encrypted transmissions that employ SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). In cases where a customer uses a browser that does not support SSL, the customer may not be able to access SSL secure pages or input information.
- In some cases, the Company makes use of information known as cookies on its websites and so on for the purpose of enhancing customer convenience. Customers can disable cookie functionality by changing browser settings, but it may not be possible to use some services as a result.
- The Company may use access log information for the purpose of statistical analysis such as investigating the number of times that the Company’s website is used, but such information does not include personally identifiable information.
- Internal Systems
The Company implements necessary security measures and appropriately monitors outside contractors and others to ensure that its employees carry out comprehensive protection of the Personal Information of customers.
- Personal Information on Third-Party Linked Sites
In order to provide more useful information and services to customers, the Company’s websites contain links to the websites of third parties (other companies and organizations). The Company assumes no responsibility regarding the collection and handling of Personal Information by such linked third-party websites.
- If any changes occur to information registered with the Company or if you want Personal Information to be deleted, please promptly contact the hotel that registered the information so that the services can be effectively provided.
President and Chief Privacy Officer
Yokohama Royal Park Hotel Co., Ltd.