- Article 1
These terms and conditions define accommodation reservations (contracts) and other related agreements between this hotel and guests using this hotel. Any matters not explicitly defined by these terms and conditions are subject to applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted practices.
- 2. This hotel has the right to make special provisions that supersede those defined in the previous paragraph so long as these special provisions do not violate any law, regulation, or generally accepted practice.
- Article 2
Persons wishing to reserve accommodation at this hotel must make a formal request with the hotel and provide the following:
- (1) Name of guest(s)
- (2) Date(s) of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
- (3) Accommodation rate (based on the base room charge defined in Table 1)
- (4) Any other information or arrangements required by the hotel
- 2. If, during their stay, hotel guests desire to extend their stay past the original period of stay requested at the time of initial reservation, the hotel will process the request as a new reservation and receive payment corresponding to the new reservation at that time.
Finalization of Accommodation Reservations
- Article 3
Accommodation reservations are finalized once the hotel has approved the request as previously defined. Reservations are not valid if there is proof that the hotel did not approve the request.
- 2. Once an accommodation reservation has been finalized as previously defined, an amount as specified by the hotel must be paid in advance either at the time of arrival at the hotel or by some date as specified by the hotel.
- 3. If actual charges incurred during the period of hotel use exceed those already paid, or actual charges are likely to exceed those already paid, hotel guests must pay the difference (additional charge) as specified by the hotel by the date as specified by the hotel. In accordance with Article 7.1.1, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the accommodation reservation if hotel guests do not pay this difference by the date specified by the hotel.
- 4. If all payments received by hotel guests before and during their stay exceed the final, actual charges incurred during the entire stay, including any reparations or damages owed to the hotel due to circumstances as defined in Articles 6 and 17, the difference will be refunded to hotel guests in accordance with Article 12.
- 5. Hotel reservations become invalid if the advance payment as defined by Paragraph 2 of this article is not paid at the time of arrival or by the date specified by the hotel, regardless of whether advance notification was given to the hotel.
Special Provisions for which Advance Payment is not Required
- Article 4
Notwithstanding Paragraph 2 of Article 3, the hotel reserves the right to make special provisions in which the advance payment normally required once the reservation is finalized is not required provided that the hotel guest provides the hotel with some form of payment other than currency, including traveler’s checks, travel coupons, credit cards, or similar, that the alternative form of payment is valid, and that other required, corresponding procedures are performed.
- 2. The previous paragraph is applicable in circumstances in which the hotel does not request advance payment as defined by Article 2 once approval of the accommodation reservation has been made or does not specify a date by which such payment must be made.
Refusal of Accommodation Reservations
- Article 5
The hotel reserves the right to refuse accommodation reservations in the following circumstances:
(1) The accommodation request does not conform to these terms and conditions.
(2) No guest rooms are available.
(3) Determination has been made that the persons requesting accommodation are likely to engage in behavior in violation of these terms and conditions, laws and regulations, public order, or generally accepted customs.
(4) The persons requesting accommodation engage in behavior that inconveniences other hotel guests.
(5) The persons requesting accommodation make unreasonable demands of or place an unreasonable burden on the hotel or its employees.
(6) The hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to the occurrence of natural disasters, malfunction of facilities, or other unavoidable circumstances.
(7) Determination has been made that the persons requesting accommodation are likely to inconvenience other hotel guests due to being inebriated or of a similar state. (Article 4 of the Kanagawa Prefecture Hotel Business Act)
(8) The persons requesting accommodation provided false information at the time of the request.
(9) Determination has been made that the persons requesting accommodation are likely to inconvenience other hotel guests due to lack of proper hygiene or wearing significantly soiled clothing. (Article 4 of the Kanagawa Prefecture Hotel Business Act)
(10) Any other circumstances determined by the hotel as inappropriate.
- 2. The hotel will not finalize hotel reservations in the following circumstances: (1) The persons requesting accommodation are members of or affiliated with gangs or other antisocial organizations.
(2) The persons requesting accommodation are members of or affiliated with companies or other organizations that are engaged in criminal activity or that employ gangs or gang members.
(3) Determination has been made that the persons requesting accommodation are suffering from an infectious disease that is likely contagious.
Customers’ Right to Cancel Reservations
- Article 6
Hotel guests have the right to cancel hotel reservations by making a request to the hotel.
- 2. Hotel guests will incur cancellation fees in accordance with Table 2 when all or part of the reservation is canceled by hotel guests due to personal reasons except when the hotel guests cancel reservations before advance payment is made if the hotel has requested such payment and specified a payment deadline date in accordance with Article 3.2. Hotel guests for which the hotel has made special provisions in accordance with Article 4.1 only incur cancellation fees if the hotel has notified the guest of such fees at the time of cancellation.
- 3. The hotel will process accommodation reservations as though canceled by hotel guests if they have not arrived at the hotel by 8:00 PM, or by 2 hours after the estimated time of arrival, if provided, on the first day of the reservation period without notifying the hotel with updates of their circumstances and estimated time of arrival.
Hotel’s Right to Cancel Reservations
- Article 7
The hotel reserves the right to cancel accommodation reservations in the following circumstances:
(1) Determination has been made that the hotel guests are likely to engage or have engaged in behavior in violation of these terms and conditions, laws and regulations, public order, or generally accepted customs.
(2) The hotel guests engage in behavior that inconveniences other hotel guests.
(3) The hotel guests make unreasonable demands of or place an unreasonable burden on the hotel or its employees.
(4) The hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to the occurrence of natural disasters or other unavoidable circumstances.
(5) Determination has been made that the hotel guests are likely to inconvenience other hotel guests due to being inebriated or of a similar state. (Article 4 of the Kanagawa Prefecture Hotel Business Act)
(6) The hotel guests provided false information at the time of requesting a reservation.
(7) Determination has been made that the persons requesting accommodation are likely to inconvenience other hotel guests due to lack of proper hygiene or wearing significantly soiled clothing. (Article 4 of the Kanagawa Prefecture Hotel Business Act)
(8) The hotel guests do not comply with any other regulations defined by the hotel.
- 2. The hotel will cancel accommodation reservations in the following circumstances:
(1) The hotel guests are members of or affiliated with gangs or other antisocial organizations.
(2) The hotel guests are members of or affiliated with companies or other organizations that are engaged in criminal activity or that employ gangs or gang members.
(3) Determination has been made that the hotel guests are suffering from an infectious disease that is likely contagious.
- 3. If the hotel cancels the accommodation reservation due to any of the circumstances as defined in Paragraphs 1 and 2 of this article, hotel guests are not owed any refund whatsoever in regards to services not yet received.
Checking into the Hotel
- Article 8
Hotel guests must check in at the hotel front desk on the first day of the reservation period and provide the following information:
(1) Name, age, gender, address, and occupation of hotel guests
(2) Non-Japanese residents must provide their nationality, passport number, port of entry, and date of entry
(3) Departure date and estimated time of departure
(4) Any other information or arrangements required by the hotel
- 2. At the time of check-in, hotel guests must notify the hotel if they intend to provide the hotel with some form of payment other than currency, including traveler’s checks, travel coupons, credit cards, or similar, allowing the hotel to confirm that the alternative form of payment is valid, and perform any other required, corresponding procedures.
Check-in and Check-out Times
- Article 9
Check-ins start at 3:00 PM and check-outs must be completed by 11:00 AM of the next day or final day of the reservation period.
- 2. As an optional service, the hotel allows check-ins and check-outs at times that do not conform with that specified in the previous paragraph. The fees for this optional service are as follows:
(1) 30% of the room charge for late check-outs up to 3 hours
(2) 50% of the room charge for late check-outs up to 6 hours
(3) 100% of the room charge for late check-outs over 6 hours
- Article 10
While inside the hotel, hotel guests must conform with the usage policies displayed throughout the hotel as defined by the hotel.
Hours of Operation
- Article 11
Details on operating hours of different facilities in the hotel are available on included pamphlets, signage throughout the hotel, and service directories in guest rooms.
– Front desk: Open 24 hours
– Bell captain: Available 24 hours
– Information on restaurants and bars: Details on operating hours of these facilities are available in the information guide in guest rooms and signage throughout the hotel.
– Sky Lounge Sirius restaurant (floor 70)
– Shikitei Japanese restaurant (floor 68)
– Le Ciel French restaurant (floor 68)
– Koh-En Chinese restaurant (floor 68)
– Royal Ascot main bar (floor 2)
– Coffret cake shop (floor 1)
– Yokohama teppan-yaki (underground floor 1)
– Flora restaurant & banquet (underground floor 1)
– Petit Marche gift shop (underground floor 1)
– Room service
- 2. The information in the preceding paragraph is subject to temporary changes due to unforeseen circumstances. The hotel will notify hotel guests as appropriate in such situations.
- Article 12
Table 1 lists details on hotel charges and payment methods.
- 2. Hotel charges must be paid in the currency specified by the hotel or via another payment method accepted by the hotel such as traveler’s checks, hotel coupons, and credit cards at the time of check-in or at the front desk whenever requested by the hotel, excluding cases of special provisions made in accordance with Article 4.1.
- 3. The hotel provides hotel guests with the right to use guest rooms in exchange for payment of the accommodation rate, regardless of whether the guest chooses to actually use the room during the reservation period.
- Article 13
The hotel will compensate hotel guests for damages incurred as a result of fulfillment or non-fulfillment of the accommodation reservation and all related agreements when the hotel is liable.
- 2. The hotel is insured with hotel liability insurance which covers incidents such as fire and other disasters.
Reserved Guest Room Unavailability
- Article 14
When the reserved guest room is unavailable, the hotel will, with the consent of hotel guests, provide guest rooms as similar to the reserved room as possible.
- 2. If the hotel is unable to provide different guest rooms, the hotel will pay penalties to hotel guests as compensation for damages incurred due to non-fulfillment of the reservation.
- Article 15
If items entrusted to the front desk by hotel guests become lost or damaged, the hotel will compensate hotel guests for damages except in events of force majeure. If cash or other valuables were entrusted to the hotel, the hotel will not pay any damages if the hotel guest did not previously declare the type and value of the items.
- 2. The hotel will not be liable for items lost or damaged after being brought into the hotel but not entrusted to the front desk unless lost or damaged by the hotel either intentionally or due to negligence. The hotel will not pay compensation damages of more than 150,000 yen unless the hotel guest had previously declared the type and value of the items. The hotel will not be liable for any cash or other valuables not entrusted to the front desk.
Storage of Hotel Guest Belongings
- Article 16
The hotel will accept and assume liability for storing hotel guest belongings when hotel guests arrive prior to the actual reservation period, and return the belongings to hotel guests during check-in, only if the hotel has agreed to do so prior to the arrival of the hotel guests.
- 2. The hotel will process hotel guest belongings accidentally left at the hotel after check-out in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If the hotel can clearly identify the owner of the hotel guest´s lost belongings, the hotel can, at its discretion, contact the owner and process the items in accordance with the owners’ instructions.
- 3. The liability of the hotel regarding the storage of hotel guest belongings is defined by Article 15.1 for applicable cases of Paragraph 1 of this article or defined by Article 15.2 for applicable cases of Paragraph 2 of this article.
Hotel Guest Liability
- Article 17
Hotel guests will be liable for compensating the hotel for damages caused by hotel guests either intentionally or due to negligence.
- Article 18
Hotel guests assume all liability regarding communications to access the Internet, email, or similar from personal computers, cellular phones, or other devices within the hotel. The hotel will not be liable for any damages suffered during use of communications due to system failures, radio failures, power failures, or other circumstances. If the hotel determines, either beforehand or afterwards, that inappropriate usage of communications caused the hotel and/or third parties to suffer damages, the corresponding user will be liable for the damages.
- Article 19
These terms and conditions were created originally in Japanese and later translated into English. The English translation is provided for reference purposes only. The original Japanese terms and conditions supersede the English translation.
Court of Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
- Article 20
In accordance with the type of dispute, either the summary court or the regional court having jurisdiction over the location of the hotel will have primary jurisdiction with respect to disputes regarding accommodation reservations and these terms and conditions.
- 2. These terms and conditions are compliant with and are to be interpreted according to Japanese laws.
- Accommodation Rate Details – Reference for Article 2.1 and Article 12.1
|Breakdown of Total Hotel Charges||Details|
|Accommodation Rate||(1) Base Room Charge
(2) Service Charge
|Additional Charges||(3) Food, drink, and other usage charges
(4) Service Charge
|Taxes||(B) Sales tax including local consumption tax|
1. The hotel publishes rate tables that list the base room charges.
2. The hotel will comply with any and all tax amendments.
- Cancellation Fees – Reference for Article 6.2
- Number of hotel guests in reservation and number of days before first date of reservation period when cancellation notice is received
|Regarding the first date of the reservation period||No shows||Same day||Day prior||7-2 days prior||21-8 days prior|
|General||Up to 9 guests||100%||100%||80%||40%||–|
|Groups||Over 10 guests||100%||100%||80%||40%||20%|
1. The percentage is in regards to the base room charge.
2. If the number of days of the reservation period is reduced, a cancellation fee in the amount of one day (first day) will be collected regardless of the number of days reduced.
3. No cancellation fee is incurred for group reservations (at least 10 hotel guests) if a portion of a group reservation is canceled at least 10 days before the first date of the reservation period and this portion represents no more than 10% of the number of hotel guests (rounded up).
- As defined in Article 10 of the Hotel Terms and Conditions, hotel guests must comply with the following terms to ensure the safety and comfort of all guests of this hotel. In accordance with Article 7 of the Hotel Terms and Conditions, failure to comply with these terms will result in cancellation of accommodation reservations and related agreements.
Fire Prevention Regulations
- Smoking is strictly prohibited except in designated smoking areas. Smoking in bed and other flammable areas is particularly dangerous.
- Do not cover lighting fixtures with towels, clothes, or similar materials.
- Fire extinguishing equipment must only be used in case of emergency.
- Do not bring sources of fire or igniters used for cooking or heating, volatile oil products, other ignition sources, or flammable objects into the hotel.
- Evacuation route maps are placed in every guest room on the inside of room entrance doors.
- Do not bring the following objects or living things into the hotel:
a. Dogs, cats, small birds, or other pets
b. Objects that emit odors
c. Ignition sources, flammable objects, volatile oil products, and other potentially dangerous objects
d. Any other objects for which possession is prohibited by law
- Make sure that doors are locked when leaving guest rooms. Make sure to lock the door and engage the door security guard whenever inside a guest room, particularly when sleeping.
- If someone visits your guest room, do not immediately open the door. Confirm the visitor through the peephole in the door and then open the door only slightly with the door security guard still engaged. (If you are suspicious of the visitor, immediately contact the Assistant Manager of the front desk).
- Do not gamble or engage in other immoral acts.
- Do not speak or sing loudly, make noise, or cause other disturbances in the hotel facilities that inconvenience other hotel guests.
- Do not use guest rooms for purposes other than lodging or eating without permission from the hotel.
- Do not bring food or beverages into the hotel or have food delivered to the hotel.
- Do not move objects or equipment in the hotel to other locations or modify the hotel in any way without permission from the hotel.
- Do not display objects that would damage the appearance of the hotel if visible from windows.
- Use of guest rooms by those not included in room reservations is strictly prohibited. Do not invite other hotel guests into your guest room.
- Do not distribute or display promotional materials, sell merchandise, or perform other commercial activities in the hotel without permission from the hotel.
- Photos taken inside the hotel for commercial purposes without permission may be subject to legal action.
- Do not exit guest rooms wearing yukata, pajamas, or slippers.
- Hotel guests must present their room key or room card when delaying payment until check-out at restaurants and bars in the hotel. The hotel reserves the right to prohibit delayed payment of restaurant facilities at any time.
- The hotel will not pay on behalf of hotel guests for merchandise, tickets, taxi fares, and so on.
- Excluding special provisions in accordance with Article 4.1 in the Hotel Terms and Conditions, hotel guests must pay the amount specified by the hotel at check-in or by the date specified by the hotel.
- Hotel guests must make payments whenever requested to do so by the front desk during the reservation period.
- Payments of hotel charges must be made in currencies specified by the hotel or by other methods of payment accepted by the hotel including traveler’s checks, coupons, and credit cards. Checks other than traveler’s checks may not be accepted for payment or currency exchange.
- In addition to applicable taxes, service charges of 10% are added to bills. Please do not tip employees directly.
Valuables and Entrusted Items
- Cash, precious metals, and other valuables should be stored in the safe installed in guest rooms or safe deposit boxes available at the front desk free of charge.
- The hotel will process items left behind or left in the custody of the front desk in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Minors are prohibited from staying in guest rooms without permission of their legal guardian.
- Excluding circumstances of force majeure, the hotel may request compensation for damages with respect to damage or loss of buildings, facilities, furniture, equipment, and other hotel property.
- Loss of room keys will result in a key replacement fee.
- Use of the phone installed in guest rooms is not free of charge and will result in added fees.